Walthamstow Toy Library and Play Centre is an educational charity which provides babies and children under the age of five with a stimulating and creative learning environment.
Our mission is to provide a safe and stimulating place for young children and their parents and carers to play, learn and interact.
Six aims underpin this mission. These are to:
- Support children aged under five to learn and develop and prepare for nursery education;
- Promote bonding and attachment between children and their parents or carers;
- Reduce isolation and help parents to develop supportive social networks;
- Promote the health and well-being of children and families;
- Enable access to our services from all sections of our local community particularly those on a low income; and represent the aims and interests of our members.
You can find out more about the Toy Library and its impact by reading our Annual Report 2019-20.