Walthamstow Toy Library and Play Centre is an educational charity which provides babies and children under the age of five with a stimulating and creative learning environment.
Our mission is to provide a safe and stimulating place for young children and their carers to play, learn and interact and loan high quality toys which don’t cost the Earth.
Seven aims underpin our mission. These are to:
- Support children aged under five to learn and develop and prepare for nursery education;
- Promote bonding and attachment between children and their parents or carers;
- Reduce isolation and help parents to develop supportive social networks;
- Promote the health and well-being of children and families;
- Provide volunteering opportunities and work experience to local students and residents;
- Enable access to our services from all sections of our local community particularly those on a low income; and
- Represent the aims and interests of our members.
You can find out more about the Toy Library and its impact by reading our Annual Report 2019-20.